quota bug in 2.4 ?

Eero Hänninen fax at nohik.ee
Tue Sep 6 10:23:15 EDT 2011

Hi..

In some reasons my cyrus host quotas.db has crashed, so I have
recovered them by setting quotas again over IMAP port with script and
then run quota -f locally.
In fixing process I discovered that if I have two users like bar and
bar1 and bar have quota lets say for example 10mb and bar1 have
unlimited quota (never have set quota) then seems like user/bar and
user/bar1 box usages will be sum to user/bar quota usage.
Ok to make sur for myself that this is not OS or setup specific thing,
I have taken another host and created test case:
Here is output:

$ cyradm --server localhost --user cyrus
Password:
localhost> cm user/bar
localhost> cm user/bar1
localhost> cm user/bar11
localhost> sam user/bar bar lrswipkxtecda
localhost> sam user/bar1 bar1 lrswipkxtecda
localhost> sam user/bar11 bar11 lrswipkxtecda
localhost> sq user/bar 10000
quota:10000
localhost> sq user/bar11 10000
quota:10000

next copied some messages and run reconstruct -rf user/bar{,1,11}
and then quota -f:

$ /usr/local/cyrus/bin/quota -f
user.bar1: quota root (none) --> user.bar
user.bar: usage was 3210927, now 7505017
    Quota   % Used     Used Root
    10000       73     7329 user/bar
    10000      121    12131 user/bar11

Here is filesystem level view:
$ du -s *
3914    bar
4792    bar1
12708   bar11

Here is what cyrus thinks:

$ cyradm --server localhost --user cyrus
Password:
localhost> lq user/bar
  STORAGE 7329/10000 (73.29%)
localhost> lq user/bar1

localhost> lq user/bar11
  STORAGE 12131/10000 (121.31%)

Note, that this will happen if user/bar11 never have any quota set, if
quota was set before and then set it 0 then this thing is not happening.

And version info:
Discovered from Debian Linux 6.0 x86_64 (squeeze)
Self compiled cyrus-imapd 2.4.10

for reproduce used FreeBSD 8.2 x86_64
and cyrus-imapd-2.4.10 from freebsd ports.

Is this normal, or known bug, or need to be fill in bugzilla ? :)

Best Regards,
Eero