singleinstancestore obsolete?

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Wed Oct 19 10:06:36 EDT 2011

Ramprasad wrote, on 19.10.2011 15:37:
> I think , writing a standalone index upgrade utility , like the ipurge ,
> seems to be a reasonable thing to do
>

> If there was a light enough index upgrade possible ( only for inboxes ..
> not subfolders ) Then I could stop cyrus , fork probably around 100
> parallel upgrades take a 2-3 hour downtime and then start services again

Currently I'm considering the following way:
*) build a new backend with same partition count/names
*) output something like
   "find ../partxx -type -f -links +2 -ls |sort" to a file for every partition
   on the old backend. -ls maybe replaced by special -printf.
*) move mailboxes from 2.3 to 2.4 with rename keeping partitions the same
*) write a script reading "find"-output and relink all the files with same
   inodes. This can be done at any time and with low impact.

I think that should be pretty safe if the script has enough safty belts in
place. Mails moved or deleted in the meantime are a special case. Don't know
if it's worth to try hard to find them.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria