Cyrus imap server and filesystem type.

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 3 17:09:02 EDT 2011

On 10/03/2011 12:58 PM, Josef Karliak wrote:
>   Hi there,
>   what filesystem type do you use for Cyrus imapd ? I use SLES11x64
> (or opensuse 11.4).
>   I use Reiserfs3.6, so far so good. But couldn't be better ? :)

ZFS, which unfortunately is not much of an option for
you Linux folks I think.  ZFS works great with thousands
of users, no worries about getting "inodes" or partitions
right and snapshots make keeping weeks of recovery points
online in the pool trivial and cheap.

I am sad every day I work with filesystems that are less robust.

I have btrfs on my desktop and hope it will mature.