deleted user, but quota remains

Shelley Waltz shwaltz at cabm.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 8 08:50:34 EST 2011

I just noticed in my log files (cyrus-imapd-2.3.7 on redhat el5) that a user I removed
a while ago(using cyradm), still has a /var/lib/imap/quota/k/user.kname file.  I am using
quotalegacy.  All of the account is gone, but for this.  My cron job which uses ipurge
spews error messages about the missing folder.

It it  possible to just remove the quota file for the user or do I need to do some other
magic?  Also, why did this file remain, this has not happened before.

thanks
SWaltz