sieve and SASL

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Thu May 12 01:15:58 EDT 2011

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get sieve working with a RPM distro of Cyrus I built
> using Invoca.  I believe my problem is caused by timsieved not
> advertising LOGIN or PLAIN capability and causing the client
> (horde/ingo....) to fail`;
>
> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.4.8-Invoca-RPM-2.4.8-1.el6"
> "SASL" ""
> "SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation imapflags
> notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
> "STARTTLS"
> OK

Is this with the default config provided by the rpm or did you change
anything? The default for allowplaintext is 1 in the rpm which is
documented in the manpage. I get the following on RHEL4 and I think the
same should be seen on RHEL6?

"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.4.8-Invoca-RPM-2.4.8-1.el4"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation imapflags
notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
"STARTTLS"
OK

Other question, do you have cyrus-sasl-plain installed?

Thanks,
Simon