cannot retrieve mail in desktop client

JonL jonl711 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 23:22:39 EDT 2011

g'day all,

I'm new hear so please bear with me... this is my first cyru-imap install.

Issue:
I've had to rebuild my linux server mail server due to a hdd crash.  In so doing I've installed cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-27.8, with postfix.
I've got postfix working as I can see mail going to "a" mailbox.
Jun 30 10:04:33 mmtlnx postfix/local[8833]: E149F193AB: to=<jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>, relay=local, delay=1, status=sent  (delivered to maildir)

I have to assume that this is going to /home/jlmiller/Maildir/new

The problem is I use Outlook 2003 and I have it setup for imap protocol because I also need to receive my mail on my iPhone.

I would like to know how can I get the mail to show up in Outlook.

This is sniff from my sniffer during the imap transactions between the Outlook application and the server
* OK mmtlnx Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready

boj8 CAPABILITY

* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE X-NETSCAPE

boj8 OK Completed

7riw LOGIN "jlmiller" "password"

7riw OK User logged in

ki5t IDLE