Remote unexpunge in a mailbox using API

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 29 02:25:40 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:03:41PM -0300, Lucas Zinato Carraro wrote:
>    I make some tests using imap interface to reconstruct mailboxes.
> And works fine with no problems.
>
>    I dont find any documentation about expunge using only imap admin
> commands.
>
> Exist a implementation for this or i need to have a valid shell in server
>  to perform unexpunge actions ?

At the moment we don't have an 'unexpunge' command hooked in to imapd.

The 'reconstruct' is hooked in by imapd forking the external program,
which is pretty messy.  My plan is to change all these commands like
reconstruct and unexpunge to just be a wrapper around APIs that do
all the work, so we can hook them into imapd as function calls rather
than invoking separate processes.

(still protected behind an admin login of course)

Bron.