Cyrus 2.4.X delete mailbox oddities

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 28 09:05:53 EDT 2011

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:42 +0200, "Bron Gondwana" <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:23 +0100, "David Carter" <dpc22 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> >
> > > The separate IMAP session should clean it up when it disconnects.  It's
> > > basically "last one out turn off the lights".
> >
> > Some further testing suggests that this happens if I try:
> >
> >   C1:
> >       . SELECT foo
> >
> >   C2:
> >       . DELETE foo
> >       . OK Completed
> >
> >       . LOGOUT
> >
> >   C1:
> >       . NOOP                   << This is new
> >       . LOGOUT
> >
> > C1 doesn't clean up without a NOOP (or some other command which
> > synchronises state) before the LOGOUT.
>
> Ok, so that's annoying.  LOGOUT doesn't clean up after itself.
> That's definitely a bug.  I'll see what I can do about that.

Ahh, yeah - we don't read the cyrus.index again on shutdown, so we
don't notice that the flag has been set.  That kind of sucks.  I
guess the workaround would be to take a readonly trylock during
mailbox close and re-read the header.  Hmm.  I'll see how much code
that would take.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana