Cyrus 2.4.X delete mailbox oddities

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 28 08:42:59 EDT 2011

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:23 +0100, "David Carter" <dpc22 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>
> > The separate IMAP session should clean it up when it disconnects.  It's
> > basically "last one out turn off the lights".
>
> Some further testing suggests that this happens if I try:
>
>   C1:
>       . SELECT foo
>
>   C2:
>       . DELETE foo
>       . OK Completed
>
>       . LOGOUT
>
>   C1:
>       . NOOP                   << This is new
>       . LOGOUT
>
> C1 doesn't clean up without a NOOP (or some other command which
> synchronises state) before the LOGOUT.

Ok, so that's annoying.  LOGOUT doesn't clean up after itself.
That's definitely a bug.  I'll see what I can do about that.

Unfortunately, I can't see what NOOP can do to tell the client
that the mailbox has gone away, because RFC3501 says it ALWAYS
SUCCEEDS[tm].  Maybe we should ask Mark.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm