Backing up mailboxes

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Fri Jun 10 11:03:16 EDT 2011

rsync
As often as you want (we perform between 1 and 24 snapshots per day,
depending on the server).

Expect someone to want x message(s) restored that he/she accidentally
deleted. If you don't use delayed expunge/delete, you'll probably want
to retain a week's worth of daily backups for such events. Delayed
delete/expunge serves this task better than frequent backups, but has
the consequence of needing a lot more production storage - which is
usually more expensive than backup storage.

--Blake