Blackberry vs Thunderbird on Cyrus

Stuart Bailey stuart at linusoft.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 13:32:46 EDT 2011

Hello
I have a customer running Cyrus IMAP and Postfix. They have users with Thunderbird clients on their desktops and some Blackberries using the BIS service.

They are complaining that sometimes emails appear on the Blackberry 10 mins before they appear in their mailbox on Thunderbird.

Apparently the BB is polling every 5 mins, and Thunderbird every minute

I would like to log when each client polls to see if there are new messages. I have activated the telemetry log for the user in question, but it only reports when a new message is available, not every poll.
Is there a way to increase the login to include every poll? Or do I have to resort to using  wireshark?

Many thanks,

Stuart

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 6171 (20110601) __________

http://www.eset.com