cyradm +reconstruct all mailboxes (2.3.xx)

Eero Hänninen fax at nohik.ee
Thu Jul 21 06:57:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

That's because You don't have copied over from old machine seen state
files. They are located somewhere
/var/imap/user/$user_letter/$username.seen or so. But if you copy them
now, then you restore old mails states, but mails what arrived after
migrating process will be marked again unread - so users will be
confused again. Anyway, if you still plan copy seen state files over,
then you must run reconstruct again.

P.S. This manual user migration is very complicated process and
mistakes will happen very easy, so I strongly recommended, that you test
with 1 or 2 mailboxes before such kind migration and make sure that
after test migration mailboxes work correctly on new system.
Its better use imapsync or such tool, to sync user mailboxes and mail
states..

Rgrds,
Eero