cyradm +reconstruct all mailboxes (2.3.xx)

Eero Hänninen fax at nohik.ee
Thu Jul 21 05:10:39 EDT 2011

Hi Josef,

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:06:32 +0200, Josef Karliak wrote:
> Hello,
>   after copying mails to the new server and reconstructing emails
> with a command "sudo -u cyrus /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -r -f
> user.<username>" seems to be all fine. But after some fights with
> plugin for check quota in the Squirrelmail I tried a command for
> listing quota in the "cyradm". Command mentioned above didn't
> reconstructed usage. Reconstruction of the usage works fine only in
> the "cyradm". But it doesn't accept wildcard "*" to reconstruct all
> mailboxes. So there is a question - how to reconstruct all ? Any
> ideas
> ?

Try run after reconstruct:
sudo -H -u cyrus /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/quota -f

As I understand, cyrus uses unix philosophy, one tool must do on thing,
but it must do it well :)
So reconstruct tool is for reconstruct mailboxes so called filesystem
(discover missing messages, folders, or remove them from
indexes/internal db if they don't exist anymore, etc).
Quota tool is for recalculate mailbox usage and there is no point to
run quota fix after every mailbox reconstruct.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Rgrds,
Eero