mail marked as "unread"

Hubertus Freiherr von Fuerstenberg hubertus.fuerstenberg at ise.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jul 13 08:53:31 EDT 2011

On 10/06/11 17:25, Robert Rynasiewicz wrote:
> Whenever I open a mailbox, all the mail therein gets marked as
> "unread."  Is there a simple solution for this.  (I'm running Cyrus as
> it came bundled in Mac OSX 10.4 Server.)
>
> Robert Rynasiewicz
> ryno at lorentz.phl.jhu.edu <mailto:ryno at lorentz.phl.jhu.edu>

Hi Robert,

I had the same issue after a full harddisk. The <user>.seen DB-files
were corrupted (there were error messages saying so). Deleteing the
.seen file reset all messages to unread but after that, the seen flag
was set correctly.

cheers,
Hubertus

--
Hubertus v. Fuerstenberg
                    MAIL: Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems
                    EMAIL: hubertus.fuerstenberg at ise.fraunhofer.de
  --- Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? ---