Cyrus 2.4.X delete mailbox oddities

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 11 17:23:50 EDT 2011

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't see what NOOP can do to tell the client
> that the mailbox has gone away, because RFC3501 says it ALWAYS
> SUCCEEDS[tm].  Maybe we should ask Mark.

Hey Bron,

we had discussed this over IRC for a bit...

Since a NOOP can result in the server returning some untagged status
information along with the OK Completed, but can also return "BAD" for
'command unknown' or 'invalid arguments' types of errors, and liberally
interpreting the selected folder having been purged as an invalid context
(thus invalid argument?) this could be worked around, no?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG