Cyrus 2.4.9 doesn't run on none standard ports

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Jul 10 08:51:27 EDT 2011

cyrus at puri.jet2web.at wrote:
> Klemens Puritscher schrieb:
> > Now, I've already found the bug.
> > The init.d script by Simon Matter makes the problem.
> >
> > When I use `/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-master -C /etc/imapd.conf -M
> > /etc/cyrus.conf -p /var/run/cyrus-master.pid -d` at the CLI, then is no
> > problem: the lmtpd listen on port 26.
> >
> > Now I must check the init-script...
>
> The "problem" was solved.
> There was no bug in the init script!
> Disabling selinux solve the problem...

Consider labelling port 26...

semanage port -a -t lmtp_port_t -p tcp 26
semanage port -a -t lmtp_port_t -p udp 26

This needs to be done while SELinux is enabled though. As an intermediate
solution, run SELinux in permissive mode against the targetted policy.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG