cyradm login loops

Robert Spellman rspell at bates.edu
Fri Jul 1 09:10:35 EDT 2011

We have recently upgraded to cyrus 2.4.6.  Our environment includes a
server running as a murder server, four back end mailstores, and two
front end servers.  If we mistakenly create a user mailbox on one of the
front end servers using cyradm, and then try to manage it (dm, sam,
info, lm), cpu load on the front end server increases until the box is
unusable.  Syslogs show the user cyrus (our admin user) logging in over
and over, each time creating a new proxyd process, which explains the
high cpu load.

Managing mailboxes on the back end servers from the front end servers
works fine.

Here's my imapd.conf for one of my front end servers: