[OT] Outhouse not showing sent messages

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 28 23:58:00 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:18:41PM -0600, Mike Eggleston wrote:
> I have a user at my small site that says, and I've seen it, that when
> a message is sent from Outhouse the message appears very briefly in the
> sent-items folder then is removed. I've verified the message is on the
> cyrus server, so no server issues there. I've looked for filters, making
> sure Outhouse is sending a copy of the message to the sent-items folder,
> had the user start Outhouse using the /clearviews switch to remove any
> custom settings (that the user does not remember making). I'm seeking
> suggestions on what I can try next.

As Marc pointed out, that's a shithouse (as we would say in Australia)
description of the problem.  You used a "cute name" for Microsoft Outlook
and didn't give us any versions of either Cyrus or Outlook - let alone
OS versions or anything else that might narrow down the problem.

I agree with Marc - try enabling telemetry and see what's happening at
the protocol level.

Also - how have you confirmed that the message is on the server?  File on
disk, or via IMAP?  It may be flagged \Deleted even if it exists...

Bron.