2.4.6 reconstruct: timestamp mismatch which doesn't go away

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Wed Jan 19 01:36:17 EST 2011

Hi,

I've done some upgrades from 2.3.16 to 2.4.6 and it seems sometimes a
reconstruct is the only way to get a mailbox work after upgrade. While
running reconstruct two things have shown up which I have not seen wirh
older releases:

1) on a mailbox which was used by a client reconstruct was just sitting
there doing nothing. Seems like it was waiting for a lock to be freed?
After terminating the client reconstruct would immediately resume it's
work. Maybe that's expected, I'm just wondering how those with large
number of users will reconstruct while the server is online? I mean, IIRC
with older releases it was always possible to do a full reconstruct while
users had access to their mailboxes. Is it not possible that way anymore?

2) I got some "timestamp mismatch" errors while reconstructing my own
mailbox. I've read here
http://www.mail-archive.com/cyrus-devel@lists.andrew.cmu.edu/msg01481.html
that this should happen only once because the timestamp of the file should
be corrected. That doesn't seem to be true in my case. Any ideas why?

Regards,
Simon