Test version of the cyrus-imapd-2.4.6 Invoca RPM package

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Fri Jan 14 10:20:32 EST 2011

Hi,

A test version of our cyrus-imapd-2.4.6 Invoca RPM package is now available.

There are two important notes for those wanting to upgrade:

1) The autocreate/autosieve feature is not supported in this release. It
will be added after the feature has been added to an upstream release.
So, if you depend on the auto* stuff then just don't upgrade!

2) The new default is to build without BDB support. BDB support can be
added as a build time option.
Note that upgrades should usually go fine even if you run an old version
which was using BDB for some databases by default. The upgrade procedure
should take care of it automagically - but still better test before
breaking your installation!

The package has been tested as much as I could. As a test case I did
upgrade a running server from

v2.2.12-Invoca-RPM-2.2.12-20 2005/06/02 15:47:58

v2.4.6-Invoca-RPM-2.4.6-0.9 35e0e72f 2010-12-21

and everything worked as expected ( the same is also true for the current
2.3.16-10 release). Note that some database backends in the 2.2 version
were BDB and the new 2.4.6 has been built without BDB support and still it
has worked fine.

Now I'm just asking for feedback before doing the final release which I
hope will be as stable as we all need it.

Find the test release here:
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/2.4/

Happy testing and let me know how it works.

Regards,
Simon