Migrating from Cyrus 2.2 to Cyrus 2.4 - preserving seen db for public folders

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 06:03:25 EST 2011

Hi folks,

I'm currently testing a migration script for migrating across from Cyrus
2.2 to Cyrus 2.4 based on the recipe here:
http://cynici.wordpress.com/2010/12/06/how-to-migrate-32-bit-cyrus-imapd-mailboxes-to-64-bit/.

This is currently working well, and I have added some extra copy
commands to ensure that the seen db information is copied across from
/var/imap/user.

However, while the seen db information for my personal folders is being
transferred across fine, all of the shared folders are currently marked
as unread.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Where is the seen db information held for the shared (public)
folders? It doesn't seem to be under /var/imap/user.

2) Once I find it, how can I migrate it across from the 2.2 server to
the 2.4 server?

Many thanks,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS