Shared mailboxes doc

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Jan 7 12:45:46 EST 2011

Dan White wrote:
> On 07/01/11 16:23 +0000, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> >Julien Vehent wrote:
> >> Hi list,
> >>
> >> I was experimenting with shared mailboxes today. That's something new
> >> I've never used before.
> >> I wrote a wiki page of my setup on debian squeeze (still on cyrus 2.2)
> >> and was wondering if that was the state of the art, or if there were any
> >> better way to do it.
> >>
> >> http://wiki.linuxwall.info/doku.php/en:ressources:dossiers:cyrus:shared_
> >> mai lbox
> >>
> >> Also, I didn't find any documentation on the subject on the website. Did
> >> I miss something ?
> >
> >Seeing as how you are interested in keeping some level of documentation,
> >would you care to work with me on upstream's documentation as well?
> >
> >I have a git repository at:
> >  http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd-docs/
> >
> >and some output I regulary generate on:
> >  http://www.cyrusimap.org/~vanmeeuwen/cyrus-imapd-2.4-docs/
> >
> >Really, at this point, *any* feedback is most appreciated ;-))
>
> What are your plans with this documentation? Are you intending to use this
> build system to generate the contents of the /doc documentation?

Assuming I'm understanding the question correctly;

My intention is to make it easier to provide *more* content then is suitable
for a man-page, or the doc/ directory, in a way that enables us to spit out
the documentation in different formats, versioned and all.

Publican (read: DocBook wrapper) enables us to do this, amongst other things
(translation, theming).

If it results in doc/ becoming obsolete, I don't know. For now, I'm merely
building the general content of the books in a very superficial manner.

> The pregenerated content at the second link looks very nice (or at least
> the structure of it, since the content seems to be in the works). When I
> attempt to perform a make on the git tree, it seems to want to perform an
> rsync over ssh. It that ssh account open to wiki users or just developers?

The rsync over ssh it attempts to do is my little 'release to www' thing; It's
only available to people with a shell on www.cyrusimap.org and requires you
have set up a ~/public_html/cyrus-imapd-X.Y-docs/ directory.

The command you are looking at to execute would be:

 $ publican build --langs=en-US --formats=html,html-single,pdf

The results would then be in tmp/en-US/

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--