Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.0 Released

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Jan 3 04:52:00 EST 2011

Hallo Simon,

--On 31. Dezember 2010 09:37:31 +0100 Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>
wrote:

> I've been working on the 2.4.x RPM's recently but they have not been
> tested. I want to make sure that upgrades will work as smooth as they have
> always been and this requires quite a lot of tests with different
> scenarios. Unfortunately my time is a bit limited at the moment but I will
> work on it again.

thanks, I really appreciate it. We're planning on rolling out new servers
this year, and I'd really like to start using 2.4.x at that time. In the
meantime I should probably update our current servers from 2.3.14-2 to
2.3.16-9  ...

> The other big question is how to handle the missing autocreate feature. I
> have hoped that this will be integrated into 2.4.x but as it seems now it
> will not be there and I don't really know what to do about it. All those
> running our RPM's and using autocreate will not be happy at all if they
> learn it was going away.
>
> I'm very interested in feedback from users and cyrus developers about this
> issue.

FWIW, we don't need it.

Happy new year,

Sebastian
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.