SIEVE Scripts on a shared folder

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Feb 15 09:58:39 EST 2011

cyrus-imapd-2.3.14-8

I've done this before, but now I'm stumped [possibly Friday induced
brain fade].  I'm trying to set a SIEVE script on a shared folder.

I annotate the folder in cyradm -

sardine.mormail.com> mboxcfg departments.cis sieve deletetestsubject
sardine.mormail.com> info departments.cis
{departments.cis}:
  condstore: false
  duplicatedeliver: false
  lastpop:
  lastupdate:  7-Jan-2011 15:58:37 -0500
  partition: default
  pop3newuidl: true
  sharedseen: false
  sieve: deletetestsubject
  size: 82176367

Then when I send a message to the folder I see in the message log -

IOERROR: fstating sieve
script /var/lib/imap/sieve/global/deletetestsubject.bc: No such file or
directory

Awesome!  It is looking for the script.  The message is delivered to the
folder [of course, there is no script]

So I upload the script -

sieveshell --user=cyrus --authname=cyrus ....
> put deleteTestSubject
> quit

And, it is there -
[root at sardine ~]# ls -l /var/lib/imap/sieve/global/deletetestsubject.bc
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 124 Jan  7
15:57 /var/lib/imap/sieve/global/deletetestsubject.bc

Now when I send the message to the folder no IOERROR. Woo Hoo! ... only
the script doesn't seem to do anything.

[root at sardine ~]#
cat /var/lib/imap/sieve/global/deletetestsubject.script
require ["imapflags"];
if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :is "Subject" "TEST"  {
    addflag "\\Deleted";
    keep;
    stop;
}

I sent a message with a Subject of "TEST".

What am I missing?