Adding a 2.3.x replica [Documentation Bug]

Simpson, John R john_simpson at reyrey.com
Tue Feb 15 09:42:49 EST 2011

You can avoid the delays with "sync_client -r -o" (-o == try once
and exit).  You'll need an external method to make sure that
sync_client is running and to process any abandoned replication
logs in configdirectory/sync (usually /var/lib/imap/sync).  You
should be able to find an old version of Brom's monitorsync.pl for
inspiration.

John

> >> Reading the quote -
> >> "Rolling" replication means that the "master" server continuously
> >> synchonizes itself with the replica.
> >> - I take this to mean that the master continuously *pushes* changes to
> >> the replica [secondary]?
> >
> > Yep.
> >
> >> Is there a recommended/suggested value for sync_repeat_interval other
> >> than the default of "1"?
> >
> > ?
>
> >> Is there a recommended Method for bringing up a new replica for an
> >> active master (with 1.4 million messages in its mailstore)
> >

> If the replica is running, you have to run the following command
> to initialise the replica:
>
> sync_client -u -f userlist.txt
>
> userlist.txt is a file containing all users.
> This can be done while the master and rolling replication
> is running.

> M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
> Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
> Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
> michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
> Wächterstraße 76
> 72074 Tübingen

John Simpson
Senior Software Engineer, I. T. Engineering and Operations

Reynolds and Reynolds
One Reynolds Way | Kettering, Ohio 45430
office 937.485.8304
John_Simpson at reyrey.com

MAKING BUSINESS BETTER.

NOTE: The information contained in this e-mail is personal and confidential and may be protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine. It is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance, or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.