Recommended ways to test Sieve scripts

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Mon Feb 14 19:05:38 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm running Cyrus 2.3.16 (Simon Matter's RPM's -- thanks!) and Horde
3.3.11/IMP H3 (4.3.9)/Ingo H3 (1.2.5) and running into a problem with the
way Ingo is generating vacation rules.  It is using a regex rule to try and
match Received headers and I believe the regex doesn't fit what our sendmail
installations are generating.

I'm trying to find an easier way to test this than altering a live script
for a user and passing mail through the system to see if I get a vacation
response.  I had been using the Sieve tester here:

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/sieve/sievetest.php

But apparently the parser is not sophisticated enough to handle the complex
regex that Ingo is producing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an easier way to test this?  Perhaps a
command line sieve tester that is able to run a given script on a given
email and report what action it would take?

My apologies if this has been covered on the list; I did search the archives
but my search-fu may be too weak.

Thanks in advance...

Michael