Duplicate elimination causing loss of legitimate mails

Ramprasad ram at netcore.co.in
Tue Feb 15 03:21:44 EST 2011

Hi,

On our cyrus 2.3.7 servers we are seeing legitimate mails getting
duplicate eliminated. Some users continue to use non-compliant clients
which use duplicate message-ids.

Is it  possible to auto-expire records in deliver.db after say 3 hours
so that these losses could be minimized ... the current minimum is 1 day
AFAIK

I cannot switch off duplicate elimination because that would cause
problems to all other users too.

(I know I should tell users to upgrade email clients .. but that is not
going to work in reality )

Thanks
Ram