custom notifications

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wogri at wogri.com
Tue Feb 15 04:37:11 EST 2011

Hi,

I'd like to write a custom notification system (using xmmp or something like that, I don't know yet :)) for cyrus.
I've had a look at the notify_unix/simple_notify - file in the contrib-directory. It doesn't seem to work in my installation (the script doesn't log any notifications, although notifyd does for example notify zephyr, which works), or maybe I don't understand the concept of notifications. So I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
* does anybody have custom notifications up and running by reading the notification-socket of cyrus?
* does notifyd need to be running in order to make the notify-socket readable, or is the notify-socket filled by the cyrus-master process?
* where would I find instructions on that?

thanks a bunch,
wolfgang
--
http://www.wogri.com