2.3's future?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 9 06:21:37 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 01:13:50PM +0200, Jukka Huhta wrote:

> I filed a bug 3397 (replication & partitions), also reported in
> http://www.mail-archive.com/info-cyrus@lists.andrew.cmu.edu/msg39940.html.
> What are the odds to have it fixed in 2.3 or will it just be closed
> with WONTFIX?
>
> If we don't count these few replication related bugs, 2.3 appears to
> be fairly stable compared to 2.4, IMHO.  I'm still waiting for 2.4 to
> grow up a bit before upgrading our production servers, even though I
> may be overly cautious.

Fair enough - I don't think we have enough developers working on it to
maintain both.  There's basically Ken at CMU and me at FastMail putting
serious time in, and recently Greg (along with me) at Opera working on
mostly new features.

But we're also working on seriously stabilising the trunk tree with a
view to bringing 2.5 out some time.  I had hoped to have it by now, but
I want to spend some time getting it right!

Bron.