mailbox referrals in 2.4.12

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Wed Dec 14 10:38:48 EST 2011

On 13 Dec 2011, at 19:15, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> Nothing changes the value of disable_referrals that I can see.  It is initialized to 0.

disable_referrals devolves to domain_from_ip in canonify_userid() in global.c.  I gather it's set when virtdomains is set "on".  Presumably this is necessary because when virtdomains is "on", the domain is determined by the IP of the interface -- if you were to refer that connection, the original interface address would be lost.  No idea if anyone is using that code...

:wes