mailbox referrals in 2.4.12

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Dec 13 19:15:49 EST 2011

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> In my test cyrus murder environment, which has frontends running 2.4.12, I
> am still seeing mailbox referrals when I have
> proxyd_disable_mailbox_referrals: 1 set in imapd.conf.  Apparently this
> was reported back in 2010:
>
>   http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2010-November/034092.html
>
> It sounds like the original 2.3 patch wasn't ported forward to 2.4.
>
> Does anyone have a patch for this against 2.4?  The code is different
> enough in 2.4 that the original 2.3 patch would need some work.

I worked up a simple patch against 2.4.12 which seems to work in my test
environment.  See the attachment.

Honestly, I don't see what the variable disable_referalls really does
anymore.  I'd remove it, but I don't understand how it is used in this
code in imap/imapd.c:

static const struct sasl_callback mysasl_cb[] = {
     { SASL_CB_GETOPT, &mysasl_config, NULL },
     { SASL_CB_PROXY_POLICY, &imapd_proxy_policy, (void*) &imapd_proxyctx },
     { SASL_CB_CANON_USER, &imapd_canon_user, (void*) &disable_referrals },
     { SASL_CB_LIST_END, NULL, NULL }
};

Nothing changes the value of disable_referrals that I can see.  It is
initialized to 0.

Should I file a bug for this and attach my patch?

Thanks,
 	Andy