IOERROR: zero index/expunge record

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Thu Aug 4 03:51:07 EDT 2011

Hi Bron,

thanks for the long explanation, even if I don't understand everything. :-)

It sounds like there is no way to fix this by a configuration parameter or
migrating a database or so. And if the only way is to patch the current
version or compile a new one, then I think the new one is the better idea.

Can I keep the cyrus-sasl packages from my distribution and just replace the
imapd with the latest version?

This are the cyrus packages I currently have installed
cyrus-imapd-2.3.16-6.el6_1.2.x86_64
cyrus-imapd-utils-2.3.16-6.el6_1.2.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-lib-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.23-8.el6.x86_64

When I upgrade to 2.4.10, are there any migrations I have to do (like
databases)? Or can I just compile and update the daemon and utils and start
cyrus again?

Regards,
Marc