IOERROR: zero index/expunge record

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Wed Aug 3 17:27:23 EDT 2011

Am 03.08.2011 23:01, schrieb Patrick Boutilier:
> This sounds like the problem you fixed for me where I was having to
> reconstruct mailboxes every time after a weekly ipurge run hit every
> mailbox. Turns out that you fixed the ipurge utility itself with a one
> or two line patch. But that should be fixed in 2.3.16 .

Here the mailboxes break on differnent times. I wrote a small cronjob that
check all mailboxes for *.NEW files and run this every 15 mins. Here's a short
list of the last half day when broken mailboxes were found:

2011-08-03 23:00:03: 3 folders
Mailbox user.aaaa
Mailbox user.bbbb.Dokumenten&AOQ-nderungsantr&AOQ-ge
Mailbox user.cccc

2011-08-03 22:45:02: 2 folders
Mailbox user.dddd
Mailbox user.eeee

2011-08-03 22:30:03: 2 folders
Mailbox user.ffff.Sent
Mailbox user.gggg
Mailbox user.hhhh

2011-08-03 18:00:01: 2 folders
Mailbox user.eeee
Mailbox user.eeee.Automatisierung

2011-08-03 15:30:02: 1 folder
Mailbox user.hhhh

I replaced the usernames with letters. Same letters are same usernames.

My small script removes all *.NEW files and the corresponding files and runs a
reconstruct on the mailbox. This is a workaround to fix the mailboxes
automatically. As you can see, some mailboxes break after a few hours again.

Regards,
Marc