IOERROR: zero index/expunge record
brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 3 16:41:29 EDT 2011
On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 22:12:14 +0200, Marc Muehlfeld
<Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de> wrote:
> Am 03.08.2011 20:59, schrieb Simon Matter:
>> They should, but be aware that maybe you broght some crap in
>> /var/lib/imap/db so it was still not clean.
Sorry, I should have jumped on this earlier! Stuff will get
created in /var/lib/imap/db if BDB support is compiled in,
even if you're not using it at all.
> But when I stop cyrus, the db folder just contains the DB_CONFIG file
> and a 4
> byte "skipstamp" file. Nothing else. Just when cyrus is running, there
> some files in it:
skipstamp is required for skiplist to work well. That's fine.
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 24576 3. Aug 22:06 __db.001
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 6930432 3. Aug 22:06 __db.002
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 2629632 3. Aug 22:06 __db.003
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 1081344 3. Aug 22:06 __db.004
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 38887424 3. Aug 22:06 __db.005
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 57344 3. Aug 22:06 __db.006
> -rw-r--r-- 1 cyrus mail 52 18. Jul 13:04 DB_CONFIG
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 10485760 3. Aug 22:06 log.0000000001
> -rw------- 1 cyrus mail 4 3. Aug 22:06 skipstamp
man I hate BDB.
> I changed tlscache_db and duplicate_db to skiplist now:
> # file /var/lib/imap/*.db
> /var/lib/imap/annotations.db: Cyrus skiplist DB
> /var/lib/imap/deliver.db: Cyrus skiplist DB
> /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db: Cyrus skiplist DB
> /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db: Cyrus skiplist DB
Good idea, but apart from just being nicer DBs - it has nothing to do
with your IOERROR index/expunge problem. It's not related to the
lib/cyrusdb files at all - it's purely mailbox files (cyrus.index
and cyrus.expunge) related.
>> I don't know, did you also check the ownership and permissions of all
> Yes. It's all fine. When I remove the files and do a reconstruct they are
> recreated and the IOERRORS are gone. On some mailboxes the never came
> back, on
> others they came back after hours or some days.
I wish I could help with this - but the memories have faded and I don't
the time to dig through all my emails looking for my descriptions of where
I found the bugs in all this - I wound up just replacing the whole blob of
code (over a thousand lines!) with about 20 lines of pretty clear code,
a new model of doing mailbox repacks that's a lot simpler.
Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
More information about the Info-cyrus