IOERROR: zero index/expunge record

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Wed Aug 3 16:12:14 EDT 2011

Am 03.08.2011 20:59, schrieb Simon Matter:
> They should, but be aware that maybe you broght some crap in
> /var/lib/imap/db so it was still not clean.

But when I stop cyrus, the db folder just contains the DB_CONFIG file and a 4
byte "skipstamp" file. Nothing else. Just when cyrus is running, there are
some files in it:

-rw-------  1 cyrus mail    24576  3. Aug 22:06 __db.001
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail  6930432  3. Aug 22:06 __db.002
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail  2629632  3. Aug 22:06 __db.003
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail  1081344  3. Aug 22:06 __db.004
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail 38887424  3. Aug 22:06 __db.005
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail    57344  3. Aug 22:06 __db.006
-rw-r--r--  1 cyrus mail       52 18. Jul 13:04 DB_CONFIG
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail 10485760  3. Aug 22:06 log.0000000001
-rw-------  1 cyrus mail        4  3. Aug 22:06 skipstamp

>> How do I switch the two BDB databases to skiplist? I think "tlscache_db"
>> is
>> the parameter for tls_sessions. But which one is responsible for
>> deliver.db?
>
> That's "duplicate_db",

I changed tlscache_db and duplicate_db to skiplist now:

# file /var/lib/imap/*.db
/var/lib/imap/annotations.db:  Cyrus skiplist DB
/var/lib/imap/deliver.db:      Cyrus skiplist DB
/var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db:    Cyrus skiplist DB
/var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db: Cyrus skiplist DB

> I don't know, did you also check the ownership and permissions of all
> directories?

Yes. It's all fine. When I remove the files and do a reconstruct they are
recreated and the IOERRORS are gone. On some mailboxes the never came back, on
others they came back after hours or some days.