allowallsubscribe in murder environment

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 1 05:50:52 EDT 2011

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 10:34:25 +0200, Frank Elsner
<Frank.Elsner at tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> in our murder environment we want to allow users to subscribe to
> mailboxes
> which are not residing on the server where the users´s mailbox resides.
>
> http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.3.16/install-murder.php says
>
> | Subscriptions - If users want subscribe to a mailbox other than on
> their
> | backend home server, they won't be able to, unless you set
> | "allowallsubscribe: t" in the backend imapd.confs. This essentially
> lets any
> | string be subscribed to successfully.
>
> Is it really  "allowallsubscribe: t"?
>                                   ^

Otherwise known as 'true'.  It's a "switch".

> -------    case OPT_SWITCH:
> -------    {
> ------->-------if (*p == '0' || *p == 'n' ||
> ------->-------    (*p == 'o' && p[1] == 'f') || *p == 'f') {
> ------->-------    imapopts[opt].val.b = 0;
> ------->-------}
> ------->-------else if (*p == '1' || *p == 'y' ||
> ------->-------    imapopts[opt].val.b = 1;

I'm a big fan of (*p == 'o') - talk about crazy: 'of' or 'on'.

But 't' should work fine.  Or 1.  Or y/yes.

>> From the imap.conf example "allowallsubscribe: 0" I took it as numeric
> but "allowallsubscribe: 1" doesn't work as expected.
>
> What have I missed? Any pointer welcome.

Have you set it on both frontends and backends, and restarted everything?

Did you spell it right? ;)