allowallsubscribe in murder environment

Frank Elsner Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Aug 1 04:34:25 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

in our murder environment we want to allow users to subscribe to mailboxes
which are not residing on the server where the users´s mailbox resides.

http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.3.16/install-murder.php says

| Subscriptions - If users want subscribe to a mailbox other than on their
| backend home server, they won't be able to, unless you set
| "allowallsubscribe: t" in the backend imapd.confs. This essentially lets any
| string be subscribed to successfully.

Is it really  "allowallsubscribe: t"?
                                  ^

>From the imap.conf example "allowallsubscribe: 0" I took it as numeric
but "allowallsubscribe: 1" doesn't work as expected.

What have I missed? Any pointer welcome.

Kind regards,
Frank Elsner