Mailbox quota after reconstruct

"Eero Hänninen" fax at nohik.ee
Mon Apr 18 08:47:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Mon, April 18, 2011 2:55 pm, Dave McMurtrie wrote:
> On 04/18/2011 06:35 AM, "Eero Hänninen" wrote:
[snip..]
>> After that everything fine but quota. Quota shows 0% usage and new mails
>> only will increase use of mailbox quota. So I run quota -f and
>> everything
>> went ok. So my question is this normal and I must run quota -f such kind
>> messages move or should reconstruct/cyr_expire take care about it ?
>
> Are you copying over the quota file?  If you're not setting quota_db in
> imapd.conf to something other than quotalegacy, you'll find the user's
> quota file under $conf_dir/quota/
>
> If you copy that over, the quota won't be zero.  It may not, however, be
> correct depending on whether or not you're dealing with the potential
> for mail delivery to that mailbox during the move.

No, I'm not coping quota files over.. Little bit background, I was
upgraded cyrus-imap software from 2.2.13 to 2.4.6 on old mail system to
get better way to migrate users to new mail system .. But after upgrade
there was some issues with mailboxes (some corrupted cyrus.header and
quota files (imapd, pop3d, cyr_expire, lmtpd, reconstruct dies with
segmentation fault) - at moment I don't have any corrupted header in hand
to create test case and bug report), So I'm getting plan "B" and migrate
users mails and states over and everything else comes from SQL.
And of course these moving steps are not complete.. (I written down just
basic and cyrus related steps)
But I have got answer for my question from Marc allready.

Thanks!

Eero