Mailbox quota after reconstruct

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 18 07:55:41 EDT 2011

On 04/18/2011 06:35 AM, "Eero Hänninen" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whatever reason I have move mailboxes between mailbox hosts without murder
> setup, so I do:
> * create destination mailbox over imap port
> * set destination acl over imap port
> * set destination mailbox quota over imap port
> * copy from source host to destination host mailbox content (with cyrus.*
> files) with scp
> * do reconstruct -rf on destination host for mailbox
>
> After that everything fine but quota. Quota shows 0% usage and new mails
> only will increase use of mailbox quota. So I run quota -f and everything
> went ok. So my question is this normal and I must run quota -f such kind
> messages move or should reconstruct/cyr_expire take care about it ?

Are you copying over the quota file?  If you're not setting quota_db in
imapd.conf to something other than quotalegacy, you'll find the user's
quota file under $conf_dir/quota/

If you copy that over, the quota won't be zero.  It may not, however, be
correct depending on whether or not you're dealing with the potential
for mail delivery to that mailbox during the move.

Thanks!

Dave