How to Log the Sharing of Mail Boxes?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 8 11:43:55 EDT 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:38:08 +0200 (CEST)
"Eric Luyten" <Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be> wrote:

> On Fri, April 8, 2011 3:24 pm, Victor Silva wrote:
> > Hello folks. I`m working in a environment where I need to keep track of
> > whose accounts have shared a given mailbox (due to legal issues). I was unable
> > to find such funcionality in cyrus documentation. I know I can recover the
> > logs of the people who have accessed the box but this is a bit different of
> > the info I want. Have any of you ever had such demand?
>

> No, but you could periodically create a text dump of mailboxes.db
> and work from there.

We do something like this every hour to look for patterns like massive changes in
the number of folders... but I think what you're really looking for is a logging
of every ACL change.

Victor: there's nothing like this in Cyrus, but if you put an enhancement request
over at bugzilla.cyrusimap.org we can look into it.

Bron.