Problem setting up sync server/client for replication on cyrus-imapd-2.3.16-8

Edward Prendergast edward.prendergast at netring.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 07:27:42 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm using cyrus-imapd from the link below, rebuilt to use the log
facility local6.* rather than rhel's choice of mail.*:
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd-2.3.16-8.src.rpm

I'm testing this is working with the following command on the master:

/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/sync_client -v -l -u user/info at example.co.uk

The log file seems happy enough:

Sep 29 16:46:57 server17 sync_client[28162]: USER info at example.co.uk

Meanwhile on the mischievous slave:

Sep 29 16:46:57 server18 syncserver[1413]: login: [my master] [my
master's ip] cyrus PLAIN User logged in
Sep 29 16:46:57 server18 syncserver[1413]: cannot unlink
/var/lib/imap/domain/e/example.co.uk/user/u/user.info.seen: No such file
or directory
Sep 29 16:46:57 server18 syncserver[1413]: cannot unlink
/var/lib/imap/domain/e/example.co.uk/user/u/user.info.mboxkey: No such
file or directory

Some non-default settings I have:

On both master & slave:
virtdomains: userid
unixhierarchysep: yes
hashimapspool: false

On the master:
sync_host: [my slave's hostname]
sync_authname: cyrus
sync_password: [my slave's cyrus password]

sync_machineid: 2
sync_log: yes
sync_repeat_interval: 5

I've configured their respective cyrus.conf's as laid out here:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/CyrusIMAP/CyrusIMAP-187/cyrus_imap/doc/text/install-replication
Not sure if this is still relevant but couldn't find the documentation
against the version I'm using.

Also not sure if this is relevant, but despite the fact I've got
"sync_log: yes" in my master's imapd.conf, my /var/lib/imap/sync/
directory is empty.

This is running on Linux server17.netring.co.uk 2.6.18-194.11.4.el5 #1
SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux, CentOS release 5.5

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Edward

is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
publication of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify
us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message from your
computer.