high-availability Cyrus (i.e. glusterfs)?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Sep 28 03:16:56 EDT 2010

--On 28. September 2010 08:50:00 +0200 Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>
wrote:

> How do you manage your Cyrus installations highly-available?

Check the archives. There have been many discussions regarding this.

> I though a minimal example could be like below:
>

>        internet
> server1 ----- server2
>

> There would be Heartbeat/Pacemaker running on both servers. Its role
> would be:
>
> - assign "Cyrus IP" to a given server,
> - start Cyrus where "Cyrus IP" is up.
>

> Still, we need to have Cyrus database, mail storage accessible for both
> servers. I though using glusterfs for it would be a good idea (assuming
> Cyrus only runs on one of the servers at a given time).

We use a similar setup with standard ext3 file systems that are mounted and
unmounted as needed; in our case that's done by the RHEL 3 Cluster Suite.
That's been working great for almost 6 years now.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.