competition

Shuvam Misra shuvam.misra at merceworld.com
Sun Sep 26 23:05:26 EDT 2010

> > For situations where we need just random access, not sequential, can we
> > use GDBM? Is that library better than Berkeley DB?
>       ^
>
> G => GNU => GPL.  Licencing issues I suspect.  We're BSD licence,
> not GPL.

Yes, you're quite right, I just checked. Till your comment, I had assumed
that GDBM would "of course, obviously" be offered under the LGPL. But
it seems that the free software activism has brought even these small
libraries under GPL, much like MySQL client libraries.

No further questions. :)

Shuvam