Store documents in IMAP folders

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 14 17:10:40 EDT 2010

On 09/12/2010 09:10 AM, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
>> The goal is to have a PDF library available at any time, with basic file
>> search on document/message name, so a file share doesn't solve my problem
>> (and I don't want any document management system, I just want access to
>> files).
>
> I don't imagine IMAP's search would work on MIME attachments, unless you
> did something like add a plain text version to the body of the email.

I think he just wants to be able to search on the document name;
although, if you're going to write a custom script to get the documents
into an IMAP folder, then there's nothing stopping you from harvesting
the text from the PDF file and placing it in the body of the message
containing the attached document.