Importing/moving an older cyrus message tree into a new system, without IMAP

Shuvam Misra shuvam.misra at merceworld.com
Tue Sep 14 13:14:34 EDT 2010

> We did a migration some months back from an old Kolab v1 (cyrus v2.1)
> system to a new Kolab v2.2 (cyrus v2.2) system.
>
> This was done by writing a script to
>
>  - dump the ldap database (you might not have this) and load it on the new
>    system
>  - rsync the mailboxes from their location on the old server to the
>    correct location on the new server
>  - recursively reconstruct those mailboxes
>  - copy the .seen and .sub information to the correct new location
>  - copy the quota information to the correct new location
>  - dump the old mailboxes.db and load it on the new system (with cyrus
>    stopped)

Some questions:

When you copied all the .seen files, did you dump to flat format and then
recreate in the new db format?

Did you migrate the mailboxes.db before or after reconstructing the
mailboxes?

What do the .sub files contain? On my (very small) system, I found just
a list of mail folder names.

thanks and regards,
Shuvam