CVS to GIT

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 09:11:20 EDT 2010

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:

> We have a working sample, with a documented procedure, to move three CVS
> modules (cmulocal, cyrus and sieve) into one GIT repository:
>
>   http://www.cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/Drafts/CVS_to_GIT_Conversion#Stab_.232
>
> There some about branch and tag conversions as well. You can find the result
> (which is preliminary!!) at http://git.kolabsys.com/cyrus-imapd.git.
>
> I'll be working with Dave to get this setup over on cyrusimap.org as soon as
> possible as well, but meanwhile, feedback is more then welcome!
>
> Kind regards,

Oooh very nice. It seems to be a common issue that projects have to
tweak their CVS repositories by hand to get a reasonable conversion to
git. I'll try and take a closer look when I get a spare moment.

My other point, of course, was that since the PostgreSQL guys worked to
fix a couple of bugs in cvs2git over the past couple of weeks, you may
get a better result if you grab the tip version of cvs2git and re-run
the conversion.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS