Draft: Bugzilla Work Flow

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 13 07:10:23 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:19:58PM +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >

> Nudging ;-) CC:'ing the info list as well.

Sorry - didn't get a change to respond to this before!

> > I'm working on a documented Bugzilla work flow, in an attempt to streamline
> > how we all work with it and what the average consumer may or may not
> > expect.
> >
> > To allow some early feedback, I'm putting the page on the list now as
> > opposed to when I feel like I'm done documenting everything in full ;-)
> >

> http://www.cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/User:Jeroen_van_Meeuwen/Drafts/Bugzilla_Work_Flow
> >
> > Please note that these would, in any case, be guidelines, not law. There's
> > no intention to make anyone's life any more difficult ;-) The attempt is
> > to document what mere mortals like myself, and those people that are on
> > the reporting end of bugs might expect, and to allow new contributors like
> > myself to read up on what is an agreeable approach to handling Bugzilla
> > issues.

That looks really good actually.  I guess the side question is "Is Bugzilla
the ideal tool for this?"  I've seen setups where commit messages in the
change management tool can be tied directly to tickets.  It's probably
not essential though - if we have a process and we all know how to follow it.

Speaking of which - the auto bugzilla reminder emails are great :)  Occasional
annoyances that go away when you do the right thing are very useful.

Bron.