Store documents in IMAP folders

Julien Vehent julien at linuxwall.info
Sun Sep 12 06:08:12 EDT 2010

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:01:29 +0100, Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2010, J. Roeleveld wrote:
>
>> I sometimes do this to store a document that I want to keep quickly from a
>> public PC.
>> I basically create a draft-email and attach the document to this.
>> This can be done with any email-client (including webmail)
>
> If (heaven forbid) you're using relatively recent versions of Outlook, you
> can just drag and drop files into mail folders and it will automatically
> create a mail from you to you on that date in that folder.  As you're
> (presumably) using Cyrus, you can then share the folder with other users as
> a sort of poor-man's file share.

The goal is to have a PDF library available at any time, with basic file search on document/message name, so a file share doesn't solve my problem (and I don't want any document management system, I just want access to files).

If outlook does it, I suppose I could code a basic PHP upload page that create an email containing the document and stores it into the IMAP directory (and integrate that to Roundcube, since it's my webmail).

I was just wondering if Cyrus would support any other method.

Julien