underscores in hostnames

J. Roeleveld joost at antarean.org
Fri Sep 10 02:49:25 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I've found a message from 2006 where a possible "patch" was mentioned that
could be applied to allow underscores in hostnames.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/info-cyrus/msg01349.html

The problem I am facing is similar, but not caused on my end.
I keep getting messages about failed deliveries for 1 individual having an
"underscore" in the domain name.

I don't know what the current situation is with regards to underscores, but I
believe these are still not allowed?

Is there a setting in cyrus that can allow these to be at least delivered to
my inbox? Or will I need to patch the code manually each time a new version is
released?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joost