A beginner question about Murder

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Sep 8 19:48:09 EDT 2010

Clement Hermann (nodens) wrote:
> In traditional murder (no autocreate/autosieve patch), the murder
> process can run on a frontend. However, it cannot run on a backend.
>
> We have a webmail running on our murder (2.2.x) server, and it uses
> localhost as imap server, so it acts as a frontend.
>
> However, we don't use autocreate or autosieve, so I couldn't says if it
> is the same on a patched setup.

When you say traditional murder, do you also mean one single mupdate server?

I'm sure it's possible, the documentation states it as well. I just haven't
managed to actually get it implemented (with the patches that have been
shipped for about 5-6 years, in at least 4 generations of Enterprise Linux
products and 13 Fedora releases).

That's "not implemented" besides maintaining the actual functionality of the
autocreation of mailboxes or sieve scripts or implementation details thereof;
the cyrus master process just wouldn't start.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen